Know everyone has had a crazy year! I played a friend’s wedding on March 14th…and am still waiting for my next gig. Recitals this spring and traveling this summer were all quickly canceled due to COVID-19. However, I was still able to do some cool, new, and meaningful things in 2020. Here are my top 10 for the year:
- Taught Online Improv Class — helping students with their district auditions!
- Gave Zoom Saxophone Lessons – Kansas City, Dallas, and beyond!
- Lead Virtual Jazz Band Clinic – Circle of 4th’s is still hip on the internet!
- Attended Adam Larson Workshop – This guy knows how to communicate!
- Hosted Backyard Jam Session – Great to play with people; hope to do this more!
- Attempted to Learn Electric Guitar – Still attempting…
- Lead Church Music in Our Living room – Gotta praise somehow!
- Released an Album on Social Media – Check out José Zayas Cabán
- Watched Concerts via Streaming – Facebook has never been so big!
- Coached Socially Distanced Marching Band – as well as won our own competition…
Hope that 2021 will bring more opportunities to make music together!